What? You like me! You really, really like me?! Ahem.
I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award! Thanks to Charity for her nomination! This is a way for small bloggers to give recognition to other small bloggers (200 followers or less). Here’s how it works:
Copy & Paste This Whole Post and Replace All Your Information — who awarded you, for example.
1. Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answering the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo.
5. No tag backs meaning you can’t just re nominate the person who nominated you.
As Solo the First put it “The real purpose behind these nominations are not only as an accolade from a fellow blogger and let’s face it, nothing gently strokes our little writer hearts more than someone telling you they appreciate your work. In addition to the back patting we need to receive from time to time, it also allows us to get a little more personal as we get to know our increasing blogging community. It also helps drive traffic to your site as we reference one another.”
The questions put forth to me (with my answers) are as follows:
1) Tea or coffee? Sweet Tea
2) Who is the most influential person in your life? My little brother, Cody. He’s a damn rockstar and I am so proud to be his sister.
3) What’s your favorite Shakespeare play? The Tempest
4) What is your favorite genre of music? MUSICALS (especially Wicked and Aida)
5) Do you play an instrument? I do not.
6) What’s your favorite state or national park? I’ve never visited a national park and I’ve never really been too far outside of Missouri. So, I pick Missouri.
7) What’s your favorite view, sunrise or sunset? Sunset, only because I’m never up early enough to see the sunrise.
8) Which environment do you enjoy more the grasslands, desert, mountains or the beach? I’m so boring! I have never seen any of those. I will go with grasslands, I live in the midwest, that’s the closest option for me!
9) What is the best movie you ever saw? I could watch the Notebook a million times and never get bored.
10) Who is your favorite author? George R. R. Martin (damn him!)
11) What do you hope others will remember about you when you die? I hope people remember that I stood up for what I believed in, I raised my kid to the best of my ability to think for herself and I love those closest to me with all my heart, regardless of our differences.
Here are my nominations (In no particular order!) I also have no idea how many followers these people currently have, but I love reading them!:
- The GaybyProject
- The Kuhlrocks
- A Redhead’s Guide
- Bean Journey
- More Than Words
- Our Baby Making Journey
- Beginning From the Start
- Our Journey to Become Mommies
- Are You The Babysitter?
- 2 Mommas 2 Be
Here are my 11 questions:
1) Paper Book or Electronic?
2) Who would you have dinner with if you could pick anyone ever?
3) What kitchen utensil would you be?
4) If you met the president, what would you say to him?
5) What’s the hardest lesson you have had to learn in your life?
6) What’s the best decision you ever made?
7) What’s your favorite musical?
8) What’s your biggest pet peeve?
9) What’s your greatest accomplishment?
10) Where do you see yourself in 15 minutes?
11) Where do hope to be in your life by the time you are retired?