When I was a kid, I always thought it would be so neat to have a half birthday. Like, then I could celebrate twice! That’s not something that happened for me, but when Punky was born, I was determined to have half birthday for our special ONE. We only have one after all, why not make it as special as possible. Yea, she’s a bit sassy, a tiny bit spoiled, but she’s the sweetest three and a half year old I know.
Half birthdays don’t come with presents (unless you are me and my best friend, then small trinkets) but she does get a cupcake, we sing the song and she gets a special dinner she picks out. She’s gotten better at eating the cupcakes since the first half birthday!
This year I asked her a series of 20 questions. She wasn’t really paying attention, because she had better things to do than pay attention to me, but she answered them:
- Who is your favorite person in the whole world? Gram
- What is your favorite color? Pink and Green and Purple
- What’s your favorite TV Show? Daniel Tiger
- What’s your favorite thing to wear? Everything except for a cat
- What song do you love the most? Ballet music and Jumping music
- What’s your favorite food? Applesauce and cheeseburgers and chicken
- Who is your best friend? Everyone, including Mama and You.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Changer Girl
- What’s your favorite word? Three
- What are you really good at? I’m really good at playing and coloring
- What’s your favorite toy? Minnie and Mickey toys
- Where do you want to go on vacation? Searching for animals.
- What do you dream about? I can’t tell you.
- What do you like to do with your family? Play!
- What makes you happy? Watermelons
- What makes you sad? The corner makes me sad and not having fun
- What do you want to learn about? Computers
- When I was little I used to? Play with computers
- What’s your favorite day? 90-30
- What is your biggest wish? The biggest present for my birthday is for Bubba (her godfather) to come
And for those of you who aren’t following me on Facebook, here is the photoshoot we took for her half birthday at a nearby garden village in town.
She loves fountains. She loves water. She loves to put her hands in the water of the fountains.
She’s sassy and she’s inquisitive. She’s creative and she has an imagination like no other child I’ve seen her age. The things she comes up with are so crazy!
She’s silly, loving, and easy to laugh. She loves to play and she gets bored easily, but she’s independent enough to find something to do to entertain herself. To say I have a unicorn of a child, I probably do. She’s not perfect, but she’s mine!
HAPPY HALF BIRTHDAY to my PUNKY MONSTER.